July 3, 2008

an exhale

I feel like I should blog. I'm enjoying reading others blogs; they're insightful, funny, and some good reads. But I don't feel like I have anything to throw at the blogging world that's worth more than 2 cents of anybody's time. Our house sort of was struck by lightning, or something like that, last week, so I'm online at Panera like I've been every couple of days this past week. We have to get a new garage door opener, garbage disposal, some program for our computer so our internet will work, and we currently don't have access to our DVD player after a long time of trying to at least get something to work after our surround sound system was shocked too. I guess that's sort of "exciting," but it's really more of a pain.

Honestly, I feel guilty when these kinds of things happen. All this extra money my parents have to dish out on top of all this worrying over my college expenses. Does it ever really go away?

I am grateful for books to read, and laptops with wireless internet, and places like Panera to lounge at. I'm thankful for money gifts from graduation, and sales all over the place that I can take advantage of for school stuff. I'm thankful for jobs and so many reasons to get up in the morning. I'm thankful for being able to know the VBS theme for next year hours after finishing up this years. And finally I'm thankful that even though my life feels really dry right now, that there is this awesome, amazing, wonderful, loving God that I know about and feel at moments like this who's not giving up on me and knows every breath I breathe, and is SO much bigger than all this money stuff.

Amen!

1 comment:

WICK said...

enjoying watching you breathe. :)