July 30, 2008

pleasantly surprised

Have you ever had one of those experiences where you just kind of made up your own stories with a few assumptions and then was pleasantly surprised to find that you were totally and completely wrong....yeah, it's a pretty good feeling. (Even if the situation still isn't awesome)...

Right now I'm in between my back-to-back family reunions. I only have one day left of work this summer. I am very excited to see "that chapter" of my life come to a close. I'm in shock that I'm actually leaving in less than two weeks. Like really moving...not just packing for a trip where all I need is a suitcase. Am I really ready for this? It came extremely fast, too fast, if you ask me. But I will survive, like soooo many people have already.

I have had quite a few reassurances lately. It's soo cool to see God at work. Like you probably know I feel a call to serve in Children's Ministry and it is soo cool to see this call Children's Ministries in the church around me, at the same time. Coincidence?....I think NOT! Sometimes I wonder if (again) I am only doing this on my own, or that these ideas in my head or simply imaginary, but I'm pretty sure I feel God tugging at my heart in this direction. And I figure that if God doesn't want me doing this, than all these green lights I'm getting will start turning yellow or red. I pray that all of this would be for His glory alone, every child/family/parent/volunteer work with would see that in me....

Honestly I really don't remember too much about Sunday School, Vacation Bible Schools, even learning at school. There are some snapshots in my mind, a few things I remember. But it seems funny to me...it's not like I grew up knewing this is what I wanted to do with the rest of my life. I just know that even if I don't remember all my teachers, the crafts we did, the bible lessons...I know that I was changed. I don't remember learning how to read or count or add, but somehow I can do it now. I am grateful to all those people who felt called to teach me. So I hope that even if I am not remembered...God can be found. Lives can be changed. Someone can feel loved. .......THAT would be soo cool!

1 comment: