March 16, 2008

Lent, and some other things on my mind

Thanks for your help with the last post guys! I've been doing a lot of thinking...and praying! : )

So for lent I gave up listening to the radio and everything except milk and water to drink. It's been good..hard, but good. More than anything I've learned a lot about choices. I've really come to appreciate some things. It's good have something in your life as a constant challenge. It kind of helps you to keep your focus, like a little reminder. Maybe that is poor logic, but I think it makes sense. So I'm looking forward to going back to enjoying those things, but I've definitely gained a new appreciate for taste and the calming effect the radio has...lol.

I've been reading a few Shakespeare comedies. I had forgotten how funny they were. The man is brilliant. I would love to go see more plays and dramas, broadway, etc, etc!!! As You Like It is my ultimate favorite comedy. Taming of the Shrew is really good. Twelfth Night is funny, but not as good as the others I don't think. I'm in the middle of Much Ado About Nothing, but it's really good so far. : ) They really don't take that long to read, which is kind of bittersweet.

I am very ready to be done with high school, I only have two months left! I'm sooo bored at school, I have to bring stuff from home to do. I wish I could leave half-way through the day and just get everything done in the morning...oh well. It's strange that everything is coming to a close. Kind of sad, but I'm ready to move on....just not ready to leave.

Thanks for reading my ramblings!

2 comments:

WICK said...

in High School I made a "remake" of "Much Ado..." using Power Ranger toys.

The tape was destroyed.

It was a tragedy. hehe

Bethany said...

DARN IT! Gotta love those high school home made videos!

They really need to make a contemporary version of As You Like It! There's a newer version of Much Ado......