March 18, 2008

Much Ado About Nothing

Beatrice - "What fire is in mine ears? Can this be true?
Stand I condemn'd for pride and scorn so much?

Contempt, farewell, and maiden pride, adieu!
No glory lives behind the back of such.
And, Benedick, love on. I will requite thee,
Taming my wild heart to thy loving hand.
If thou dost love, my kindness shall incite thee.
To bind our loves up in holy band;
For others say thou dost deserve, and I
Believe it better than reportingly."

Beatrice - "Will you eat not your word?"
Benedick - "With no sauce that can be devised to it. I protest I love thee."

Benedick - "Peace! I will stop your mouth!"

There's so much more!!! Shakespeare brilliant!! I just thought I would share a few of my favorite parts with you! : ) Enjoy!!

1 comment:

WICK said...

all this...and before alphabet soup had even been invented. Shakespeare was totally ahead of his time.