March 13, 2008

prayer

If you're "praying" for someone...what does that mean? Does that mean you've "prayed" for them? Or that you are continuing to think about them? Is constant prayer really worrying, but okay? It says in Thessalonians to pray continually, what does that mean...I mean, prayer is important, but what about faith? If we keep bringing the same requests to God really mean we have to keep giving them back because we keep taking them back? Can't you know that God is going to take care of it, He's in control and leave it there? Why does it feel good when people say they are praying for you, why do we ask people to pray for us??? Or does praying continually really mean constantly in fellowship with God, talking to him about anything and everything.

2 comments:

ngerman said...

Read Luke 18:1-8...

WICK said...

yah....I'd probably say prayer is all this, and more.

"homo sapien" = beings of wisdom
"homo precor" = beings of prayer

Think of how many times you tell your dad things he probably already knows...just cause.

"I love you dad". "I care for my friends". "I care for my family". etc...we've been created to be beings that pray.

In many Jewish customs, prayers of supplication are considered "too much" for Sabbath...and so focus on prayers of Thanksgiving instead.

Chew on all that.